Jazzi & m83 11/29/08

8

Written at 1:46 AM by WHOOPI

So my Saturday started off with me meeting up with my friend Jazzi at her new pad. Jazzi just moved back to L.A. from N.Y. two days ago and was just getting settled in.


Jazzi was choosing some new furniture with her roomate since their place is a bit empty.

While they did that, I browsed through Planet Mag, one of the companies Jazzi works for.




The original plan was for us to go to Pinks, but like always, there was a super long line. So we got hot dogs from Carneys.

After stuffing our faces, we went back to the pad to chill.

Unfortunately, Jazzi was still suffering from jet lag and was ready to crash. So I decided to head out to the Henry Fonda to see M83.



School of Seven Bells opened for M83. I was actually astonished how well they performed. I'm so use to crappy openers. *coughGIRLTALKOPENERScough*

Chill crowd.








M83 was definitely a mellow show for me. Instead of being surrounded with the usual teens(like myself) that bounce around pushing/crashing/shoving/hitting/fighting...etc, I was actually surrounded by a more mature audience that stood and nodded their heads to the music. Overall, I enjoyed M83 a lot.

I had to leave the show early since it was 12 something and I had no idea how I was going to get home.

$35.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

8 Comments

  1. David |

    the performance pics came out dope...good stuff hommie.

     
  2. WHOOPI |

    Thanks a lot man!

     
  3. yumnaaa.com/blog |

    awww!! jazzi my girrrrl! i miss her so much, i haven't seen her in years.

    ANYWAYS, i fucking LOVE carney's. best hot dogs everrr.

     
  4. Jazzi McG |

    yumna, it has NOT been years! but ilu and we are long overdue for carneys!

    whoopi! just seeing this :) had fun, see you soooon! xo

     
  5. Labels of Love |

    I'm a novice in photography and I was wondering what type of camera and flash do you use? these pictures are amazing!

     
  6. WHOOPI |

    Well I'm not a photographer or trying to be one. My whole setup is stock. I shoot with a Nikon D40. I did study photography for 3 years though when I "wanted" to be a photographer at one point, if that helps at all :/.

     
  7. Labels of Love |

    Oh ok cool I use a D40, too! Um, what is stock? Is it like photoshop? I really like how you were able to capture the colors from that concert. That's something I'm still trying to find out with my camera.

     
  8. WHOOPI |

    It just means that it's the same setup from when you took it out of the box...Also, a steady handy always wins the race.

     

Post a Comment