my college (or art institute) essay

0

Written at 11:13 PM by WHOOPI

so i have been working on this essay all day......i was distracted several times but i finally got the job done, here it is. oh and please dont tell me of any error sor anything like that my mom is a teacher and she is going to look over the paper but other compliments are accepted


"
My expectations are quite high when it comes to my education at the Art Institute. While studying digital filmmaking and video production, some of the goals I expect to achieve include being able to work in and out of a classroom environment, learning the art of cinematography, and the process of developing an idea and eventually having it displayed on the silver screen. I am aware that meeting these goals requires that I work with others who also want to achieve the same task, and I am more than willing to be a part of a team, or if necessary, work as an individual.
Having the opportunity to work outside of the classroom with a camera in my hands is something I have only dreamed about. While in the classroom I expect myself to always be kept hard at work, whether it is spending time in front of a computer working on postproduction, or taking down notes to look back on as references for projects. Something I also expect to achieve in and out of the classroom is a solid understanding of the material from both my peers and educators.
From what I have already learned, there is much more to filming than what some may think. I want to be a person who does not assume, but knows that the art of cinematography is unique, important and can either make or break the shot. I am hoping to learn how to utilize the different types of shots and angles used in filmmaking. Whether I am the director, the editor, or a part of the crew, I thoroughly enjoy any and all opportunities to receive hands on experience with things I love to do. Getting in on the action is how I learn best, especially if there are cameras involved.
Everything that is around us today once started off as an idea, then put into production. I have plenty ideas to share and plenty to be seen, I just need a spark to ignite it in front of a camera. My ideas usually pop into my head while I am on the computer, listening to my iPod, or just living my daily life. Being able to brainstorm an idea and process it into a film is magic to me, it is magic to me because of the several steps you have to go through: having a story, filming the story, editing the story, exporting the story, compressing the story, and viewing the story. Those are the not so simple steps I go by when working on a project and it is my prerogative to learn more steps at the Art Institute.
My passion for filmmaking/video production and achieving my goals is just another step in my long adventure. It wont be easy, but with my eyes on the prize I know it is possible for me to fulfill my dreams. For me to be successful at what I love to do I must be open minded to all and receive all critiques as a way of making my work better. "

my last paragraph was a bit weak because im tired right now....but please no asshole comments or they will be deleted.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment