Coachella weekend 4/17-19/09

2

Written at 1:59 PM by WHOOPI

I just got back home from the most epic music festival that I've ever been to. I'm sure you've heard of it, it's a 3 day event with tons of performances and art to keep you entertained for hours! That's right, I went to Coachella.

To be completely honest, I wasn't planning on going to Coachella at all this year. Luckily, Val convinced me to go with her, here's my journey to my first Coachella...
FRIDAY -


With Val's dad(Jose), driving and me backseat DJing, the drive to Palm Springs wasn't as dreadful as I expected it to be.



Once we got to our hotel we decided to relax poolside with some friends whom met up with us there.




The weather was just right in Palm Springs.






Afterward, we went to this Benihana-ish place. Our chef, Jeremy, was pretty hilarious...stand-up chef comedy is where it's at.

SATURDAY(iPhone Pics) -



It was hot at Coachella, but that didn't stop anyone from enjoying the day.






The first sets I saw was Para One and Surkin. Both DJs killed it in different ways.





After the sets in the Sahara tent, I headed out to TV On The Radio. They performed great, but I think they performed a bit better when I saw them in San Francisco.






M.I.A.'s performance was full of energy. She even had some of the audience come up to the stage.





One of the last performances I saw on Saturday was MSTRKRFT. I've seen MSTRKRFT about 3-4 times and I can gladly say that they get better every time I see them. They performed a lot of tracks from their new album 'Fist of God'. To end their set, they had John Legend come out and perform the MSTRKRFT remix of 'Greenlight' and one of my favorite songs off of Fist of God, 'Heartbreaker'.

Sunday -



It was an incredibly hot day on Sunday(hotter than Saturday).







Caught some shade in the Sahara ten while listening to Busy P mixing it up for a bit.





Lykke Li's performance was very enjoyable, especially when she performed 'A Milli' at the end.








Everyone was looking foward to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs including myself. They played older tracks and some new stuff off of their latest album 'It's Blitz'.






Random pics.






More.






Etienne De Crecy set started and ended with a bang! The visuals we beyond creative.







Wrd.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Valerieeeeee |

    JEREMYYYYYYYYYY
    dang, we totally should've invited him back to the hotel haha

     
  2. Subs |

    nice write up!
    I also had an amazing time.

     

Post a Comment