Whoop rant: i'm a procrastitextor...

0

Written at 5:03 AM by WHOOPI


I'm a chronic texter(aren't we all?), actually... I'm a chronic mobile device user. I go to sleep with my iPhone under my pillow and I have a morning routine of checking my emails, texts, Facebook, and my Twitter all on my phone before I even get out of my bed. Let's just say that I like the feeling of always being "connected".
CLICK to read more after the jump...

Last week for some reason, a couple of my friends were kinda upset with me because I didn't reply back to their texts right away. They would send me a message to my phone and I wouldn't reply... big whoop. But, since I'm connected to every social network EVER, they saw that I would tweet(or change my facebook status) right after they sent mentioned text.

After being called out by friends asking why I've been ignoring their texts all day and random assumptions that I was upset with them, I came up with a pretty decent reason of why I haven't replied. Well, It's not that I'm not down to chat or gossip. But I finally noticed that I may be a habitual procrastitextor. I would read texts and then I would tell myself "Oh, I can text them back later" or "Hmm... I'll answer that when I'm done doing ____". I then explained to my friends that I wasn't ignoring them but I was just procrastinating on replying back to them. Luckily they understood the whole situation.

I don't usually get upset when people ignore my texts/online messages(unless I'm in a textargument and I'm expecting a reply)... I just assume that the person is busy or they'll get back to me whenever. I've grown to the realization that if you want a true reply from someone in an instant, then you better call them or see them in person.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment